-   -   HELP! Search rule is case sensitive!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/216244-help-search-rule-case-sensitive.html)

Don

HELP! Search rule is case sensitive!!

Hi all,

I am trying to find specific text sequences in a large, multi-colum
spreadhseet ... I am using IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("<text",<cell),1,"") ... While
it works I note it is case-sensitive ..... Is there anyway to resolve this? I
have tried using an OR function but that doesn't appear to work.

Help greatly appreciated,

Don-

JE McGimpsey

HELP! Search rule is case sensitive!!

Use SEARCH() instead...

In article ,
Don wrote:

Hi all,

I am trying to find specific text sequences in a large, multi-colum
spreadhseet ... I am using IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("<text",<cell),1,"") ... While
it works I note it is case-sensitive ..... Is there anyway to resolve this? I
have tried using an OR function but that doesn't appear to work.

Help greatly appreciated,

Don-

David Biddulph[_2_]

HELP! Search rule is case sensitive!!

What does Excel help for the FIND function say in answer to your question?
--
David Biddulph