-   -   Inserting dates function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/216060-inserting-dates-function.html)

ArthurN

Inserting dates function

Hi,
I wanted to insert dates that would be repeated 3 times and then move to the
next day on the calendar, something like this:
02.02.09
02.02.09
02.02.09
02.03.09
02.03.09
02.03.09
Is there a function, that I would be able to drag over several rows?
Thank you in advance,
Arthur N

muddan madhu

Inserting dates function

try this

in cell A1 put any date
and cell A2 put this formula and drag it down

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)<=2,A1,A1+1)

ArthurN wrote:

Hi,
I wanted to insert dates that would be repeated 3 times and then move to the
next day on the calendar, something like this:
02.02.09
02.02.09
02.02.09
02.03.09
02.03.09
02.03.09
Is there a function, that I would be able to drag over several rows?
Thank you in advance,
Arthur N

Rick Rothstein

Inserting dates function

Assuming your start date is in A2, put this in A3 and copy down...

=IF(COUNTIF(A$2:A2,A2)<3,A2,A2+1)

If your start cell is something else, then change all the references above
to that cell's reference... but make sure the first reference is absolute
and the rest are relative (as I have done in the formula above).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"ArthurN" wrote in message
I wanted to insert dates that would be repeated 3 times and then move to
the
next day on the calendar, something like this:
02.02.09
02.02.09
02.02.09
02.03.09
02.03.09
02.03.09
Is there a function, that I would be able to drag over several rows?
Thank you in advance,
Arthur N

JBeaucaire[_82_]

Inserting dates function

All great formulas, but as that list continues, the number of
calculations being done keep growing. I have a simpler approach.

Just put the same date in the first 3 cells, then in the 4th cell, put:

=A2+1

Now grab that 4th cell and just copy it down. It will repeat the
three-set for you because that's what you did manually to start the
whole thing. Much less calculations needed for the same result.

--
JBeaucaire
JBeaucaire's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=73

Rick Rothstein

Inserting dates function

LOL... I guess this was a case of my not being able to see the forest for
the trees. You are absolutely right... excellent solution.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)