-   -   AUTO ROW HEIGHT (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/216006-auto-row-height.html)

manutt

AUTO ROW HEIGHT

Why does auto row height not work in a particular sheet? I have followed all
the instructions regarding changing row height or making it automatic but I
hav a document in which many cells have hidden text in whichever view I use,
and remains hidden after printing. Of course I can manually adjust the height
but there are over 1000 rows in the document and I am looking for a generic
solution.

Gord Dibben

AUTO ROW HEIGHT

Do you have any "merged cells"?

These will prevent the rows autofitting.

You would need event code to get autofit to work.

See google search thread for code by Greg Wilson. Watch out for word wrap
in the URL which is all one line.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1c160cbeb27874

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 03:59:02 -0800, manutt
wrote:

Why does auto row height not work in a particular sheet? I have followed all
the instructions regarding changing row height or making it automatic but I
hav a document in which many cells have hidden text in whichever view I use,
and remains hidden after printing. Of course I can manually adjust the height
but there are over 1000 rows in the document and I am looking for a generic
solution.

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

AUTO ROW HEIGHT

Hi,

This feature only works if 1. Wrap Text is turned on, 2. or you entered the
text by press Alt+Enter where you want the wrap, 3. Only if the cells are not
merged.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire