-   -   Ranking Equal Values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/215909-ranking-equal-values.html)

LiAD

Ranking Equal Values

Hi,

I have a table to rank which has a lot of equal values. Short example:

Input table Output using RANK() Desired output
a 3 d
b 4 c
c 5 b
d 6 a
a or e
e 3 n/a a
or e

If I use the normal rank function it can only prioritise different values.
When it sees equal values it returns the first value and then error for the
rest. How I can get it to display the value I need? I dont care whether a
or e comes first in the list so no alphabetical ordering or further filtering
needed.

Thanks

LiAD

Ranking Equal Values

Sorry I wrote completely the wrong thing. This works fine. Ignore this
question