-   -   Generating business days in a calendar month, EXCLUDING holidays (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/21558-generating-business-days-calendar-month-excluding-holidays.html)

jacob

Generating business days in a calendar month, EXCLUDING holidays

I've perused the existing posts and while I've come across some useful
postings, I couldn't seem to find my exact answer.

I simply want Excel to calculate the number of business days in any
given calendar month.

For instance:

Cell A1 = 07/01/04

Cell A2 = ..formula.. = 20

20 being the number of business days in July, minus weekends, minus the
july 4th holiday.

I understand I will have to use NETWORKDAYS function, with the Analysis
Toolpak installed, but what would the formula contain so that I am
getting the holidays to be taken out also, and would I need to create a
separate range with a date list of those holidays I wish to be taken
out? Thanks terribly! Jacob

Biff

Hi!

You're pretty much answering your own questions!

If you want to exclude holidays then yes, you have to list
them in a range.

A1 = 07/01/04 (I take that to be July 1 2004)

B1:B10 = list of holidays

Cell A2 = ..formula.. = 20

=NETWORKDAYS(A1,EOMONTH(A1,0),B1:B10)

Returns 22