-   -   Splitting a Cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/21523-splitting-cell.html)

Splitting a Cell

Is it possible to split a cell? A simple cell, not a
merged one.

thank you.

Chip Pearson

What do you mean by "split"?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"c" wrote in message
Is it possible to split a cell? A simple cell, not a
merged one.

thank you.

Duke Carey

1) Do you mean split the contents of a cell?

Probably can be easily done if you give us more details of what you have and
what you want to accomplish.

2) Do you mean take an empty cell and turn it into 2 empty cells?

No way that I know of. Again, though, provide a more detailed explanation
of what you want to accomplish, and somebody here can probably put you on the
right path

"c" wrote:

Is it possible to split a cell? A simple cell, not a
merged one.

thank you.

Sorry about that...

Taking an empty cell and turning it into 2. Well, my
office mate is trying to stump me with an excel question.
And I know there is no way to split an empty cell into 2.
She said she did it before, by mistake, and now she can't
figure how to do it again.

In splitting contents of a cell... is that just thru text
to columns?

thank you.

"c" wrote:

Is it possible to split a cell? A simple cell, not a
merged one.

thank you.

.

Sorry about that Chip.

Taking an empty cell and turning it into 2. Well, my
office mate is trying to stump me with an excel question.
And I know there is no way to split an empty cell into 2.
She said she did it before, by mistake, and now she can't
figure how to do it again. I told her it's not a stump if
she herself can't figure out how to do it.

Anyway, in splitting contents of a cell... is that just
thru text to columns?

thank you.

Is it possible to split a cell? A simple cell, not a
merged one.

thank you.

.

Fredrik Wahlgren

"c" wrote in message
Is it possible to split a cell? A simple cell, not a
merged one.

thank you.

Yes. Use Data|Text To Columns.

/Fredrik