-   -   Sum Function w/ #DIV/0! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/214940-sum-function-w-div-0-a.html)

Biff

Sum Function w/ #DIV/0!

Is there a way that I can add a column that includes #DIV/0!

Biff

Gary''s Student

Sum Function w/ #DIV/0!

1. Insert a column
2. Select a cell in the new column
3. enter:
=0/0
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200822

"Biff" wrote:

Is there a way that I can add a column that includes #DIV/0!

Biff

Mike H

Sum Function w/ #DIV/0!

Try

SUM(IF(NOT(ISERROR(A1:A10)),A1:A10))

'This is an array formula which must be entered with CTRL+Shift+Enter and NOT
'just enter. If you do it correctly then Excel will put curly brackets around
'the formula{}. You can't type these yourself. If you Edit the ranges
'then you must re-enter as An array

Mike

"Biff" wrote:

Is there a way that I can add a column that includes #DIV/0!

Biff

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

Sum Function w/ #DIV/0!

=SUMIF(A1:A500,"<="&99^99)

Peo Sjoblom

"Biff" wrote in message
Is there a way that I can add a column that includes #DIV/0!

Biff

Biff

Sum Function w/ #DIV/0!

I'm not sure I understand and maybe I didn't use the correct words. I have
column I need to summarize using the sum function, but it has cells with
formulas that have derived the #DIV/0! error message. Is there a way that I
can still sum the column because write now I am getting the same #DIV/0! in
my results for the sum function.

"Biff" wrote:

Is there a way that I can add a column that includes #DIV/0!

Biff

barry houdini[_4_]

Sum Function w/ #DIV/0!

For column A try

=SUMIF(A:A,"<#DIV/0!")

Dave Peterson

Sum Function w/ #DIV/0!

=SUMIF(A:A,"<10E37")

10E37 is a huge number in scientific notation.

Biff wrote:

Is there a way that I can add a column that includes #DIV/0!

Biff

--

Dave Peterson

Spiky

Sum Function w/ #DIV/0!

On Dec 30, 11:45*am, Gary''s Student
wrote:
1. Insert a column
2. Select a cell in the new column
3. enter:
* * =0/0

LOL! I think he already figured that part out.

Gary''s Student

Sum Function w/ #DIV/0!

You are correct!

It appears that by "add a column" Biff meant "sum a column" rather than
"insert a column"
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200822

wrote:
1. Insert a column
2. Select a cell in the new column
3. enter:
=0/0

LOL! I think he already figured that part out.

Gary''s Student

Sum Function w/ #DIV/0!

O.K. then:

Say we want to sum E1 thru E20 and remove ALL errors:

=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(E1:E20),E1:E20,""))

This is an array formula that must be entered with CNTRL-SHFT-ENTER rather
than just the ENTER key.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200822

"Biff" wrote:

Is there a way that I can add a column that includes #DIV/0!

Biff

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Sum Function w/ #DIV/0!

Hi,

And since 9E9 9^9 and = 9,000,000,000 which is probably bigger than any
single thing you have to sum

=SUMIF(A:A,"<9E9")

Which is really just a shorter version of a previous example. You could
also range name the range A and enter <1E304" in a cell and name it E and
then your formula

=SUMIF(A,E)

Which is not infomative by is short.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Biff" wrote:

Is there a way that I can add a column that includes #DIV/0!

Biff

Rick Rothstein

Sum Function w/ #DIV/0!

Just a minor correction (your forgot the base 10 for the exponent)...

9E9 = 9*10^9 = 9,000,000,000

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Shane Devenshire" wrote in
message ...

"Biff" wrote:

Is there a way that I can add a column that includes #DIV/0!

Biff

barry houdini[_4_]

Sum Function w/ #DIV/0!

If all numbers in the range are positive it's sufficient to use

=SUMIF(A:A,"0")

If there might be negative numbers

=SUM(SUMIF(A:A,{"0","<0"}))

Ashish Mathur[_2_]