Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using the return from ADDRESS within another formula?

Hey all,

Wondering if I can get some help with this. Is there any way I can use
the ADDRESS function within another formula?

I have a formula right now which essentially tells me the start of a
range I want to start an offset from So, this formula, using ADDRESS,
currently returns "$B$33." Here's the formula in case you are
interested:

=ADDRESS(MATCH(F14,commandsxp,0)+2,MATCH(E14,rooms xp,0)+1)

(using two named ranges commandsxp and roomsxp)

The locatoin returned from ADDRESS will vary and tell the start
position of an array based on two string inputs.

Anyway, what I want to do is use this returned value of $B$33 in an
offset formula so I can start a new search from this location based on
other criteria. So basically:

=OFFSET(X,1,1), where X is the formula above denoting the reference
cell to begin offsetting from!

Any ideas how to get this "$B$33" used in this manner? Thanks! Only
idea I've had so far is CELL("contents",Y) (Y being the B33) but this
didn't work as it is coming back as text still.