-   -   ideas needed please (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/214800-ideas-needed-please.html)

Jeff

ideas needed please

Hello all, and thanks for your help!

I am trying to create a spreadsheet to track sales from my BakeShop.
BakeShop sells to 50 different schools, and has 18 inventory items.

My first task, i think, is to enter sales from August of this year to now.
This data is no hand written sheets, aprox. 200 of them.

I'm think data form, maybe??

thanks!!

PS. Here at my new job they think I'm a genious thanks to your help on my
previous project!
--
Jeff

Bernie Deitrick

ideas needed please

Jeff,

Whatever you do, use a database - either in Excel or not. If you use Excel, use only one sheet,
with all the data fields that you need: school, item, date, amount, price, etc. That will allow you
to use filters to look at individual schools or items, and pivot tables to summarize your data.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP