-   -   How to - sort a protected sheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/214685-how-sort-protected-sheet.html)

Bob

How to - sort a protected sheet?

I have a sheet where all the cells are linked to a source sheet. I want to
allow sorting, filtering and pivot tables, but no changes / edits to the
cells. I tried the €śProtect€ť the sheet and checked the boxes to allow all
users to Sort, Filter and use Pivot tables but, when I turn on the protection
and try to sort I get and error €śThe command could not be completed by using
the range specified. Select a single cell within the range and try the
command again.

Make no sense to me. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Bob