-   -   Vlookup won't work on these two particular spreadsheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/214614-vlookup-wont-work-these-two-particular-spreadsheets.html)

MK

Vlookup won't work on these two particular spreadsheets

I have done many Vlookups, but these two spreadsheets have come to me from
unidentified sources. I copied onto new workbooks, I cocatinated, and
nothing is working - now even sort is failing ??

any help would be appreciated.
mk

Gord Dibben

Vlookup won't work on these two particular spreadsheets

Any number of issues could be the cause.

Extra spaces or non-breaking spaces in text cells.

Hidden characters in text cells.

Numbers are text that look like numbers.

Number formatting could be concealing extra decimals.

What and why did you Concatinate(sic)?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP