-   -   Accounts functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/214411-accounts-functions.html)

philn

Accounts functions

Hi I have imported data (nominal ledger transactions) from Sage 50 and need
to query the results to total transactions for a particular nominal ledger
code that fall between given dates.
I have attempted to use sumif, but find i can only place 1 criteriea on it
and sumproduct seems to dislike the date range

joel

Accounts functions

the criteria can be any boolean operation including a AND function

=sumfi(A1:a100,and(criteria1,criteria2,criteria3), B1:b100)

"philn" wrote:

Hi I have imported data (nominal ledger transactions) from Sage 50 and need
to query the results to total transactions for a particular nominal ledger
code that fall between given dates.
I have attempted to use sumif, but find i can only place 1 criteriea on it
and sumproduct seems to dislike the date range

philn

Accounts functions

Thanks for the rapid reply Joel!!

So that future transactions can be included i have a number of empty cells
at the end of the ranges for my criteria, which i really need to leave in as
the dat will be refreshed on a monthly basis, so unfortunately using this i
get an empty cell reference, any idea how i may be able to overcome this
issue?

"philn" wrote:

Hi I have imported data (nominal ledger transactions) from Sage 50 and need
to query the results to total transactions for a particular nominal ledger
code that fall between given dates.
I have attempted to use sumif, but find i can only place 1 criteriea on it
and sumproduct seems to dislike the date range

philn

Accounts functions

sorry should also have noted that the results need to be displayed on a
seperate worksheet, as the imported data will be held in a hidden worksheet

"philn" wrote:

Hi I have imported data (nominal ledger transactions) from Sage 50 and need
to query the results to total transactions for a particular nominal ledger
code that fall between given dates.
I have attempted to use sumif, but find i can only place 1 criteriea on it
and sumproduct seems to dislike the date range

joel

Accounts functions

There are at least two methods to fix this problem

1) Add an IF around the sumif

=if(C5<"",sumif(A1:a100,and(criteria1,criteria2,c riteria3),B1:b100),"")

2) Or add the blank cell as one of the criteria in the sumif

sumif(A1:a100,and(criteria1,criteria2,c5<""),B1:b 100)