-   -   vlookup error!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/21411-vlookup-error.html)

Samantha

vlookup error!!

Hello,
I am using Vlookup to locate a few products and find out
their sales price, from another excel worksheet
(sales_historic) with a list of all products. In the
bigger excel worksheet(sales_historic), as product may
repeat itself many times, because it was sold many times.
I just need the last sales price of the product. When i
use vlookup function, i geta return of '#REF!'
any ideas, what i should do to get the values and not this.

thanks a lot for any help.
Samantha
=VLOOKUP(A2;sales_historic!C2:C661;16;FALSE)

JulieD

Hi

the syntax of a VLOOKUP is
=VLOOKUP(lookup_value, table_with_answer,
col_num_of_required_info,approx_match)
your table array is C2:C661
but you want the answer from column 16 (ie column R)
so if this is correct expand your range to take in column R as well
(C2:R661)

if this is not how your data is set up then maybe VLOOKUP isn't the correct
formula to use to get the last sales price - if you'ld like to let us know
the structure of your data maybe we can come up with a better solution.

--
Cheers
JulieD