-   -   populate nonblank cells from worksbook to another (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/213867-populate-nonblank-cells-worksbook-another.html)

Dave H[_2_]

populate nonblank cells from worksbook to another

How can one pull data from nonblank cells from Workbook #1 to Workbook#2 and
have it popluate when new data is added to Worksheet #1?
Thanks

xlm

populate nonblank cells from worksbook to another

you can use Auto Filter initally and copy those nonblanks data to a new
workbook
and put a Vlookup or Index and Match formula to populate the updated data.

HTH
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button

Thank You

cheers,

"Dave H" wrote:

How can one pull data from nonblank cells from Workbook #1 to Workbook#2 and
have it popluate when new data is added to Worksheet #1?
Thanks

Dylan @ UAFC[_2_]

populate nonblank cells from worksbook to another

whenyou say nonblank cell I assume you mean
a cell with text or a value
I would first consider copy and pasting the data base you
want to access for population to another sheet in the same
workbook this will opt. speed don't how many rows deep we are
talking about =vlookup(a1,sheet1!$a$1:$b$100,2,FALSE)
use vlookup @ that point

right back more on the actual structure of the col with some
real data scenrios and I will with wrighting the functions