-   -   problem with dynamic graph (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/21386-problem-dynamic-graph.html)

[email protected]

problem with dynamic graph

Hi all,

My problem is the following:

I am trying to make a dynamic chart with the help of some webpages
(http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...umnChart1.html,
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...tml#BasicRange)
but I get stuck because these only work if there is no text in the
cells, not even a formula.

In order to get my thing to work I need to have a formula, as I am
using arrays to get daily profits into order (several items are added
each day and an array formula sets them out per day of the year).
Something like this:

day - profit

1 - 300.00
2 - 239.00
3 - 998.00
4 - 0.00
5 - 0.00

etc

I want to omit day 4, 5 until 365 and only show the first three. But if
something is added on day 4 I want the graph to show this too. The 0.00
in day 4 will change into a number when I add an item.

I tried to work my way around this by adding another column saying
IF(B30,B3,"") but this does not work either as there is still a
formula in B4.

Perhaps somebody knows a solution???

Thanks!
Paul

Biff

Hi!

Are you using a dynamic range formula for your chart
values?

Try changing it to something like this:

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$1,1,0,COUNTIF(Sheet1!$B$2:$B$100 ,"0"),1)

Just make sure the range used in the Countif function is
large enough.

Biff

I am trying to make a dynamic chart with the help of some

webpages

(http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...olumnChart1.ht
ml,
http://www.tushar-

mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html#BasicR

.