-   -   Hiding Columns in split view (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/213634-hiding-columns-split-view.html)

gtslabs

Hiding Columns in split view

I have a form that has some information in the top 14 rows that is
like a header to a report.
Below that I have a list of items that are many columns wide (65+).
The problem is that when I print it is too small because of the size
to fit all on one page. So I came up with a way to HIDE columns what
were unused so I can print a more concise and relavent report.
However I need to be able to fix the top 14 rows so any column in that
row does not get hidden.

So somewhat like splitting the form in to 2 views and only hiding
columns in the bottom view.
Can something like this be done?

Gord Dibben

Hiding Columns in split view

You cannot hide parts of columns.

All or nothing.

Perhaps a text box could be inserted across A1:H14(or whatever) and the
relevant always-to-be-printed data copied and pasted into the textbox?

You can hide columns behind the textbox.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP