-   -   Macro transfer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/21362-macro-transfer.html)

Dan Wilson

Macro transfer

Good day. I just upgraded my Windws ME machine to XP.
I am still using Excel 2002. Prior to the upgrade, I
copied the entire C Drive to my D drive as I knew that I
would have to format the C Drive to load XP. Now that
all is back working, I need to know how to transfer the
macros that I had created under the Windows ME version to
the new folder in the XP version.

Thanks, Danno...

Gord Dibben

Dan

Macros can live in the workbooks in which they were created or in
Personal.xls.

You also could have placed the macros in a workbook and saved it as an
Add-in(*.xla)

If in Personal.xls, you must find that file and store it in your XLSTART
folder.

If in workbooks, just open those workbooks to access the macros.

If in an add-in, find it and load it through ToolsAdd-ins.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 13:55:11 -0700, "Dan Wilson" wrote:

Good day. I just upgraded my Windws ME machine to XP.
I am still using Excel 2002. Prior to the upgrade, I
copied the entire C Drive to my D drive as I knew that I
would have to format the C Drive to load XP. Now that
all is back working, I need to know how to transfer the
macros that I had created under the Windows ME version to
the new folder in the XP version.

Thanks, Danno...

Dan Wilson

Thanks Gord, I will give it a try.