-   -   Latest value from table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/213360-latest-value-table.html)

WRC

Latest value from table

I have a table in sheet2 which I update (i.e. I keep adding the rows)
Summary of results in sheet1
Where I want the value from the last row of table from sheet2 to be shown.

Any function in excel

Thanks

T. Valko

Latest value from table

Assuming value means numeric value...

=LOOKUP(1E100,Sheet2!A:A)

That will return the *last* numeric value from Sheet2 column A.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"WRC" wrote in message
I have a table in sheet2 which I update (i.e. I keep adding the rows)
Summary of results in sheet1
Where I want the value from the last row of table from sheet2 to be shown.

Any function in excel

Thanks

WRC

Latest value from table

Thanks.

What if its is text?

"WRC" wrote in message
I have a table in sheet2 which I update (i.e. I keep adding the rows)
Summary of results in sheet1
Where I want the value from the last row of table from sheet2 to be shown.

Any function in excel

Thanks

T. Valko

Latest value from table

This version will return the *last* entry whether it's text or numeric. If
the last entry is a cell that contains a formula that retruns a formula
blank ("") that will be ignored.

=LOOKUP(2,1/(Sheet2!A1:A100<""),Sheet2!A1:A100)

Note that with this version you can't use entire columns as a range
reference unless you're using Excel 2007.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP