-   -   conditions and the max function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/213343-conditions-max-function.html)

kiersten

conditions and the max function

I have a row of data containing values that correspond to time values
(months) in each column. I need to select the month of the lowest value
(just using the min function), but then need to determine the maximum value
after the minimum value occurs.
Is there a way to use the max function to accommodate a condition such as
starting the range to evaluate in the cell after cell X (where cell X
contains the minimum value)?
I have 1000's of rows of data and would like to automate the process with a
single formula, if possible.

Any help is appreciated!
Kiersten

Jarek Kujawa[_2_]

conditions and the max function

presuming you got no empty cells in the range C2:C100 try:

=MAX(INDIRECT("C"&MATCH(MIN(C2:C100),C2:C100,0)&": c100"))