-   -   combinding two rows into one (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/213180-combinding-two-rows-into-one.html)

Roger

combinding two rows into one

I have many rows of data that have duplicatations that I would like to sum
into one consolidation of data. example

part # / description / qty

111 / widget 1 / 15
111 / widget 1 / 25

is there a formula that would consolidate the above two rows into this

111 / widget 1 / 40

thanks in advance

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

combinding two rows into one

Hi,

You might consider using Advanced Filter with Unique Records selected for
the first two columns - which would let you generate a list of unique
part#/descriptions. Then you could use either SUMIF or SUMPRODUCT to get the
needed totals. SUMIF if the part# and descriptions always match, in which
case you would use SUMIF with a part# criteria only. If both columns are
needed to define a unique item then use SUMPRODUCT.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Roger" wrote:

I have many rows of data that have duplicatations that I would like to sum
into one consolidation of data. example

part # / description / qty

111 / widget 1 / 15
111 / widget 1 / 25

is there a formula that would consolidate the above two rows into this

111 / widget 1 / 40

thanks in advance

Michael

combinding two rows into one

You could sort your data by part and description,after selecting the whole
area with data from the main menu select:
Data - Subtotals
Then on the dialog window from the dropdown box select:
At each change in: Part#
Use Function: Sum
Add subtotal to: Qty

So you can keep track of the original data or proceed to delete all of the
data you wont use by setting up an autofilter and selecting Custom:
Does not end with Total

--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Roger" wrote:

I have many rows of data that have duplicatations that I would like to sum
into one consolidation of data. example

part # / description / qty

111 / widget 1 / 15
111 / widget 1 / 25

is there a formula that would consolidate the above two rows into this

111 / widget 1 / 40

thanks in advance

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

combinding two rows into one