nopfusch

Default roundup - error in formula

I'm not sure if my 1st question was properly posted - we had a power failure.

Office 97 upgraded to Premium 2000.
4-6 weeks ago I upgradet my XPpro Sp1 to Sp2 and about the same time I
updated the 1st time excel.
I have not used excel since, but today. The straight forward formula
=roundup(33.321,2) creates an error message.
Please help
Regards
nopfusch
Niek Otten

What error message?

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"nopfusch" wrote in message
I'm not sure if my 1st question was properly posted - we had a power
failure.

Office 97 upgraded to Premium 2000.
4-6 weeks ago I upgradet my XPpro Sp1 to Sp2 and about the same time I
updated the 1st time excel.
I have not used excel since, but today. The straight forward formula
=roundup(33.321,2) creates an error message.
Please help
Regards
nopfusch

Fredrik Wahlgren

"nopfusch" wrote in message
I'm not sure if my 1st question was properly posted - we had a power

failure.

Office 97 upgraded to Premium 2000.
4-6 weeks ago I upgradet my XPpro Sp1 to Sp2 and about the same time I
updated the 1st time excel.
I have not used excel since, but today. The straight forward formula
=roundup(33.321,2) creates an error message.
Please help
Regards
nopfusch

=roundup(33321.2,2) works for me. Remove the ".".
/Fredrik

nopfusch

the message is a big yellow standard insert and reads:
! Microsoft Excel
the formula you typed contains an error.
For information of fixing common formular problems, click help.
To get assistance about entering a function click OK, and then Function on
the insert menu.
If you are not typing a formula, avoid using an equal (=) sign or a minus
(-) sign or
precede it with a single quotation (') mark.

whilst looking up the wording and the corrective steps, I found that I typed
=roundup(33.321,2) and not =roundup(33.321;2) !!!
Stupid mistake, but thanks, because of your question I found my mistake.
Regrads
nopfusch

"Niek Otten" wrote:

What error message?