-   -   lookup tables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/21299-lookup-tables.html)

Richard D

lookup tables

If VLOOKUP can't find lookup_value, and range_lookup is TRUE, it uses the
largest value that is less than or equal to lookup_value.

I want to find the next LARGEST value in a table that I have sorted. Is this
possible?

Aladin Akyurek

Richard D wrote:
If VLOOKUP can't find lookup_value, and range_lookup is TRUE, it uses the
largest value that is less than or equal to lookup_value.

I want to find the next LARGEST value in a table that I have sorted. Is this
possible?

Looks like...

=INDEX(ReturnRange,MATCH(LookupValue,MatchRange,1) +(LOOKUP(LookupValue,MatchRange)<LookupValue))