-   -   Percentage Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/21298-percentage-formula.html)

George

Percentage Formula

On my spread sheet I have 12 cells in a row to track each months perfromance
results as a percentage. Then I have a cell to give the overall percent year
to date.
In the overall percentage cell I entered this formula:
=(B2+C2+D2+E2+F2+G2+H2+I2+J2+K2+L2+M2)

This works but I have to keep adding to the end of the formula to divide my
how many months we are into the year to get the results.
=(B2+C2+D2+E2+F2+G2+H2+I2+J2+K2+L2+M2)/4

Is there a way to tweek this formula that it will divide by how many cells
have a value entered ?

Thanks - George

CLR

=SUM(B2:M2)/COUNT(B2:M2)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"George" wrote in message
On my spread sheet I have 12 cells in a row to track each months

perfromance
results as a percentage. Then I have a cell to give the overall percent

year
to date.
In the overall percentage cell I entered this formula:
=(B2+C2+D2+E2+F2+G2+H2+I2+J2+K2+L2+M2)

This works but I have to keep adding to the end of the formula to divide

my
how many months we are into the year to get the results.
=(B2+C2+D2+E2+F2+G2+H2+I2+J2+K2+L2+M2)/4

Is there a way to tweek this formula that it will divide by how many cells
have a value entered ?

Thanks - George

George

Thanks - Will give it a try