-   -   Is it possible to search for the "?" character (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/21295-re-possible-search-%22-%22-character.html)

RagDyeR

Is it possible to search for the "?" character

Precede it with a tilde:
~?

Same would pertain to other wildcard:
~*
--

HTH,

RD

"Ian" wrote in message
Is there a way of searching the cells in a worksheet for the actual
character "?" since I don't want to use it as a wildcard but actually
search for the character itself within cells

Thanks in advance.

Dave Peterson

And for that escape character, too.

~~