-   -   Adding different columns in a row for a final total. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/212927-adding-different-columns-row-final-total.html)

Sylvia

Adding different columns in a row for a final total.

How do I add different columns in a row to have a final total at the end.

~L

Adding different columns in a row for a final total.

Is this a pivot table question?

"Sylvia" wrote:

How do I add different columns in a row to have a final total at the end.

Rick Rothstein

Adding different columns in a row for a final total.

To answer the question as you asked it, something like this (depending on
which columns you want)...

=D5+H5+M5+V5 <<+... etc.

but I somehow think there is more to your question than your description
told us.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Sylvia" wrote in message
How do I add different columns in a row to have a final total at the end.

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Adding different columns in a row for a final total.

Hi,

This question is not very specific, why don't you give us and example.

You might be able to use =SUM(A1:H1) depending on the data.

You might be able to use =SUMIF(A1:H1,??,A1:H1)

You might be able to use =SUM(A1,F1,H1)

or =A1+F1+H1

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire