Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hyperlink from Excel to a specific slide in PowerPoint

FYI, adding a "#" followed by slide number, does NOT work in Office 2007.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Thanks for the link, though I couldn't really make sense out of the
subaddress bit. However....

I just read a post by J.E. McGimpsey about hyperlinking to a particular
bookmark in a Word document, and he suggests using the file path and
name followed by # and the bookmark name. So I just tried adding # and
the slide number after the PowerPoint file name, and the link opened
right to that slide. It opened in slideshow view, which I'd probably
never want, but that's how I make use of PowerPoint.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

keepITcool wrote:
can't test since i uninstalled pp BUT
apparently you CAN go to a slide
within a ppt.. by using the subaddress
(similar to excel)

i think you should read this...
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00162.htm

keepITcool

Jon Peltier wrote:

Charlie -

You can't go to a particular slide from a hyperlink in Excel. You have
to use VBA for that. The following unashamed hack opens the presentation
named in cell A1 of the active sheet, and turns to the slide number in
cell A2.