-   -   how do u turn time into a number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/212862-how-do-u-turn-time-into-number.html)

Jordan

how do u turn time into a number

i needed to calculate some hours from work and now that i am done it won't
let me turn my answer into a number. How do i do it?
total time 3:45

i want it to be 3.45 because i need to divide it by 2 and then multiply it
by 5
but when i put the formula it does not give me the right answer? can
someone help me? To understand what i am saying is that every 2 hours = 5
points but since I only worked 3.45 hours then how can i get a formula to get
an answer.

Stefi

how do u turn time into a number

Not clear how many hours and minutes did you work!
3:45 means 3 hours and 45 minutes, it equals 3.75 hours (45/60=0.75)

Regards,
Stefi

€˛JoRDaN€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

i needed to calculate some hours from work and now that i am done it won't
let me turn my answer into a number. How do i do it?
total time 3:45

i want it to be 3.45 because i need to divide it by 2 and then multiply it
by 5
but when i put the formula it does not give me the right answer? can
someone help me? To understand what i am saying is that every 2 hours = 5
points but since I only worked 3.45 hours then how can i get a formula to get
an answer.

Jarek Kujawa[_2_]

how do u turn time into a number

reformat 3:45 to number
and use the formula:

=INT(A1/2)*5

HIH

Jordan

how do u turn time into a number

=INT(p7/2)*5 it gave me the answer 5... it still didn't give me the right
answer.
my hours have been converted to 3.45. thanks but still need more help

"JoRDaN" wrote:

i needed to calculate some hours from work and now that i am done it won't
let me turn my answer into a number. How do i do it?
total time 3:45

i want it to be 3.45 because i need to divide it by 2 and then multiply it
by 5
but when i put the formula it does not give me the right answer? can
someone help me? To understand what i am saying is that every 2 hours = 5
points but since I only worked 3.45 hours then how can i get a formula to get
an answer.

Jordan

how do u turn time into a number

i put the wrong sign. u were right thank u!!!

"JoRDaN" wrote:

i needed to calculate some hours from work and now that i am done it won't
let me turn my answer into a number. How do i do it?
total time 3:45

i want it to be 3.45 because i need to divide it by 2 and then multiply it
by 5
but when i put the formula it does not give me the right answer? can
someone help me? To understand what i am saying is that every 2 hours = 5
points but since I only worked 3.45 hours then how can i get a formula to get
an answer.

Jarek Kujawa[_2_]

how do u turn time into a number

sorry, my fault
2 also needs to be converted to number
thus 2 will equal 0.833333333

=INT(p7/0.833333333)*5

David Biddulph[_2_]

how do u turn time into a number

Why INT?

And if you reformat 3:45 to a number, wouldn't you want to multiply by 24 to
get it to decimal hours?
--
David Biddulph

"Jarek Kujawa" wrote in message