-   -   Macro File Names (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/212567-macro-file-names.html)

John

Macro File Names

I am trying to create a generic macro that will run a serious of various
commands from one file to another file. The trick is "File A's" name changes
daily. For instance "File A 12/2", "File A 12/3", ETC.... Is there a way to
tell the macro to run off of File A even though the name changes daily?

Sub Amazing()
'
' Amazing Macro
' Macro recorded 12/4/2008 by John
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Option+Cmd+e
'
Windows("File A 12/2.xls").Activate
Sheets("Agent").Select
Rows("6:2000").Select
Selection.AutoFilter
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=5, Criteria1:="total"
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("D7"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:="BOB"
Rows("7:2000").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Windows("File B.xls").Activate
Range("A3").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Windows("File A 12/2.xls").Activate
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=4, Criteria1:="Joe"
Rows("7:2000").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Windows("File B.xls").Activate
Range("A5").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Windows("File A 12/2.xls").Activate

This is an example of the coding I am trying to use. File A's name changes
every day. File B the macro will rewrite over the previous information. Any
help????

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Macro File Names

Hi,