Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I use the LOOKUP formulas with dates and not numbers?

Hi everyone,

I hope someone will be kind enough to help me...

this is the data I have:

A B C D E F

1 56 1/19/08 12.0 14.8 23
2 98 2/24/08 58.2 21.8 12
3 73 3/12/08 88.2 78.1 08
4 24 9/11/08 78 21.3 85

I have about 900 entries in my sheet, and I need to pull the numbers from
the "E" column that are associated with a certain month (January to December)
that appears in the "C" column. Ultimately, I will need to add the data that
I found for each month, to come up with a total/month.

I've been trying to use some lookup functions, but none of worked out well
so far.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thank you!