-   -   countifs on earlier version of excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/212480-countifs-earlier-version-excel.html)

Aaron Hodson \(Coversure\)

countifs on earlier version of excel

Hello,

I have been working on 2007 excel and used the below formula:

=COUNTIFS(JAN!G:G,B14,JAN!B:B,C2)

I have just noticed upon saving that this will not work on earlier versions
of excel.

How do I need to change the formula please to make it compatible?

Thanks

Aaron

Mike H

countifs on earlier version of excel

Hi,

=COUNTIF(G:G,B14)+COUNTIF(B:B,C2)

Mike

"Aaron Hodson (Coversure)" wrote:

Hello,

I have been working on 2007 excel and used the below formula:

=COUNTIFS(JAN!G:G,B14,JAN!B:B,C2)

I have just noticed upon saving that this will not work on earlier versions
of excel.

How do I need to change the formula please to make it compatible?

Thanks

Aaron

Mike H

countifs on earlier version of excel

Missed the sheet references

=COUNTIF(Jan!G:G,B14)+COUNTIF(Jan!B:B,C2)

Mike

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

=COUNTIF(G:G,B14)+COUNTIF(B:B,C2)

Mike

"Aaron Hodson (Coversure)" wrote:

Hello,

I have been working on 2007 excel and used the below formula:

=COUNTIFS(JAN!G:G,B14,JAN!B:B,C2)

I have just noticed upon saving that this will not work on earlier versions
of excel.

How do I need to change the formula please to make it compatible?

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Hodson \(Coversure\)

countifs on earlier version of excel

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info, sorry for the delay,,,

Just completed all sheets but have a problem with this function,

I am using 2007, so the coutifs work fine, of course not when i'm viewing in
earlier versions.

I used the suggested coutif function, but, this gives me an incorrect
result,,,

Please advise,,,,

Thanks

Aaron

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

=COUNTIF(G:G,B14)+COUNTIF(B:B,C2)

Mike

"Aaron Hodson (Coversure)" wrote:

Hello,

I have been working on 2007 excel and used the below formula:

=COUNTIFS(JAN!G:G,B14,JAN!B:B,C2)

I have just noticed upon saving that this will not work on earlier
versions
of excel.

How do I need to change the formula please to make it compatible?

Thanks

Aaron

Pete_UK

countifs on earlier version of excel

I think you would need:

=SUMPRODUCT((JAN!G1:G1000=B14)*(JAN!B1:B1000=C2))

Note that you can't use full-column references before XL2007 - change
the ranges to suit.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

=COUNTIF(G:G,B14)+COUNTIF(B:B,C2)

Mike

"Aaron Hodson (Coversure)" wrote:

Hello,

I have been working on 2007 excel and used the below formula:

=COUNTIFS(JAN!G:G,B14,JAN!B:B,C2)

I have just noticed upon saving that this will not work on earlier
versions
of excel.

How do I need to change the formula please to make it compatible?

Thanks

Aaron- Hide quoted text -

Aaron Hodson \(Coversure\)

countifs on earlier version of excel

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info, sorry for the delay,,,

Just completed all sheets but have a problem with this function,

I am using 2007, so the coutifs work fine, of course not when i'm viewing in
earlier versions.

I used the suggested countif function, but, this gives me an incorrect
result,,,

Please advise,,,,

Thanks

Aaron