-   -   can I split a worksheet then have the 2 sections work independent (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/212385-can-i-split-worksheet-then-have-2-sections-work-independent.html)

Nik

can I split a worksheet then have the 2 sections work independent

can I split a worksheet then have the 2 sections work independently of each
other? So if I manipulate cellss in the top section, it doesn't affect the
bottom section?

Sheeloo[_3_]

can I split a worksheet then have the 2 sections work independent

No.

Insertions and deletions of rows in the top section will impact the row
numbers in the bottom section. If row numbers are not important then you
won't be impacted by it.

Column insertions and deletions will impact both the sections... Unless you
select the cells and then choose insert/delete and then choose Shift
left/right option.