-   -   GETPIVOTDATA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/21207-getpivotdata.html)

Sho

GETPIVOTDATA

I am using Excel 2003. When linking to a Pivot table in another worksheet it
automatically uses the GETPIVOTDATA function e.g. =GETPIVOTDATA("Cost",'[test
pivot 2.xls]Sheet1'!$A$3,"Name","Anne Murphy")

I then amend this formula to link it to a cell on another sheet e.g.
=GETPIVOTDATA("Cost",'[test pivot 2.xls]Sheet1'!$A$3,"Name","Anne Murphy")+A10

When I next open the file (the one that has the link and not the Pivottable
I see REF!#. This only updates with the answer when I go and open the source
that contains the pivot table.

Any idea how to see the answer straight away without having to open the
source file?

Thanks

Debra Dalgleish

The GETPIVOTDATA function, like some other functions, only returns data
for references in the same file, or another open file.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=299303

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List