Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default What's the formula?

Excel 2003 on XP

Okay, here is the scenario.

I am trying to create a workbook whereby text meeting a certain criteria is
transfered from each of several worksheets onto a main worksheet.

Example:
On crew "alpha", which consist of 12 employees, John J is the only one
absent. The crew leader puts a 1 next to his name in the absent column.
On crew "beta", which consist of 10 employees, Mary B and Maria C are
absent. The
crew leader puts a 1 next to each individual in the absent column.

How do I get those three names to show up in list format on Page 1?

John J
Mary B
Maria C

I used this formula on sheet one. ("N" is the absent column and "A" is the
name)

=IF(alpha!N5:N25,"0","alpha!a5:a25")
Not only does this NOT work, but doesn't account for subsequent crews.

What is the correct way to do this?