-   -   Find & replace (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/211697-find-replace.html)

[email protected]

Find & replace

Hello

I have datacells with different textdata. Each cell consists of 2
words. I want to cancel the first word in each cell. That first word
is not of the same length. How do I proceed?

Mike H

Find & replace

Hi,

To extract the last word

=MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,LEN(A1))

Drag down

Mike

" wrote:

Hello

I have datacells with different textdata. Each cell consists of 2
words. I want to cancel the first word in each cell. That first word
is not of the same length. How do I proceed?

Gary''s Student

Find & replace

With:
Hello World
in cell A1, in B1 enter:

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1))
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007k

" wrote:

Hello

I have datacells with different textdata. Each cell consists of 2
words. I want to cancel the first word in each cell. That first word
is not of the same length. How do I proceed?

Niek Otten

Find & replace

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1))

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

wrote in message
Hello

I have datacells with different textdata. Each cell consists of 2
words. I want to cancel the first word in each cell. That first word
is not of the same length. How do I proceed?

Stefi

Find & replace

Maybe you will need to copy/pastespecial values from the helper column
containing formulae given by Mike and Gary"s Student back to the original
column.
Stefi

ezt *rta:

Hello

I have datacells with different textdata. Each cell consists of 2
words. I want to cancel the first word in each cell. That first word
is not of the same length. How do I proceed?

David Biddulph[_2_]

Find & replace

=RIGHT(A2,LEN(A2)-FIND(" ",A2))
--
David Biddulph

wrote in message
Hello

I have datacells with different textdata. Each cell consists of 2
words. I want to cancel the first word in each cell. That first word
is not of the same length. How do I proceed?

MartinW[_3_]

Find & replace

Hi,

One more,

Try DataText to Columns and use space as the delimiter
and then delete the first column.

You could also go one step further in the Text to Columns wizard
and use the Skip column function.

HTH
Martin