-   -   How do I get year to date account of an expense listed in a colum (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/211261-how-do-i-get-year-date-account-expense-listed-colum.html)

jeanie

How do I get year to date account of an expense listed in a colum

I am new to excell and I am trying to get the sum of each months fuel
expenses up until now.

Gary''s Student

How do I get year to date account of an expense listed in a colum

say our data in A1 thru B100:

8/1/2007 $134.00
9/1/2007 $109.00
10/1/2007 $176.00
11/1/2007 $117.00
12/1/2007 $122.00
1/1/2008 $126.00
2/1/2008 $123.00
3/1/2008 $168.00
4/1/2008 $141.00
5/1/2008 $127.00
6/1/2008 $140.00
7/1/2008 $151.00
8/1/2008 $180.00
9/1/2008 $172.00
10/1/2008 $167.00
11/1/2008 $181.00

Now we only want year-to-date. In another cell:

=SUMPRODUCT((YEAR(A1:A100)=2008)*(B1:B100)) displays 1676

because 2007 values are excluded
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200815

"jeanie" wrote:

I am new to excell and I am trying to get the sum of each months fuel
expenses up until now.

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

How do I get year to date account of an expense listed in a colum

Hi,

Suppose your expense are in A1:A12 but there is no data for Nov or Dec

=SUM(A1:A12)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire