-   -   Custom Filter Pop-up Box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/211055-custom-filter-pop-up-box.html)

Jmes

Custom Filter Pop-up Box

Hi,
I'm would like to create a custom filter to use on a shared spreedsheet, I
want to do it without all the navigation of menu's if possible. I seem to
remember seeing in the past a static box on a spreedsheet, where you can type
in the filter word and it will autofilter. I'm not sure if this is a visual
basic command but if anyone could assist it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

James

Michael

Custom Filter Pop-up Box

First you must set the filter on the column where you will select your
filtering criteria. For example, if you have your criteria in Column C,
select the whole column and then from the main menu Click on Data - Filter
- Autofilter.
Then save your file, now when anyone comes to use the file all they have to
do is choose the filtering criteria from the dropdown box that will appear in
column C.
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.