Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel
From: Skip
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 06:28:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Using RANK Function

I need to rank 225 rows of data. Can I use the replace function so
D4:D229 appears in each cell? Thanks for the help.
Skip

Bernie Deitrick

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel
From: "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:37:32 -0400

Skip,

Use $D$4:$D$229 as the range reference in your RANK function, and it
won't change when you copy the
formula.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Skip" wrote in message

Sheeloo[_3_]

Rank Question

Pl. let us know what you want to achieve...

"Skip" wrote:

A couple of months ago, I received an answer to this question,
but cn not find my notes. I wanted an easier way to change the
range in my rank function. I was told to us the replace and $ symbol.
Can anyone help? Thanks for your help Skip