-   -   Trying to subtract the two lowest values from a row of numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/210647-trying-subtract-two-lowest-values-row-numbers.html)

JAIrvin

Trying to subtract the two lowest values from a row of numbers

I'm trying to come up with a formula that will let me add all but the lowest
two values in a series (row) of numbers. I can add all but the lowest by
using the MIN function to find the lowest value (and then subtract it from
the sum of all the values), but I can't figure out how to find the second
lowest value.

Any help would be appreciated.

John C[_2_]

Trying to subtract the two lowest values from a row of numbers

Assuming your data is in J12:J16
=SUM(SUM(J12:J16),-SMALL(J12:J16,1),-SMALL(J12:J16,2))
--
** John C **
Please remember if your question is answered, to mark it answered :). It

"JAIrvin" wrote:

I'm trying to come up with a formula that will let me add all but the lowest
two values in a series (row) of numbers. I can add all but the lowest by
using the MIN function to find the lowest value (and then subtract it from
the sum of all the values), but I can't figure out how to find the second
lowest value.

Any help would be appreciated.

Teethless mama

Trying to subtract the two lowest values from a row of numbers

=SUM(A:A)-SUM(SMALL(A:A,{1,2}))

"JAIrvin" wrote:

I'm trying to come up with a formula that will let me add all but the lowest
two values in a series (row) of numbers. I can add all but the lowest by
using the MIN function to find the lowest value (and then subtract it from
the sum of all the values), but I can't figure out how to find the second
lowest value.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

Trying to subtract the two lowest values from a row of numbers

Try this - {=sum(F1:F12)-SUM(SMALL(F1:F12,{1;2}))}

Obviously substitute the F1:F12 for your range. This needs to be entered as
an array by entering - Ctrl + Shft + Enter instead of just Enter once
completed.

To add more than just the 2 smallest you can add any number after 1;2 etc.

Good luck
Rick

"JAIrvin" wrote:

I'm trying to come up with a formula that will let me add all but the lowest
two values in a series (row) of numbers. I can add all but the lowest by
using the MIN function to find the lowest value (and then subtract it from
the sum of all the values), but I can't figure out how to find the second
lowest value.

Any help would be appreciated.

Teethless mama

Trying to subtract the two lowest values from a row of numbers

You don't need Ctrl+shift+Enter, just press Enter