Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF formula?

Can someone help me with a formula that will do the following.

I have an Excel file called "Clients.xls" there is only 1 worksheet and it
is named, "Clients"
There are multiple columns, each with a header like, Company Name, Contact,
Address, E-Mail Address, etc.

What I want to be able to do, on a different worksheet, in a different file
altogether, is to be able to create a Drop Down List from the various
"Company Name" entries that are in the "Clients.xls" - Once that drop down
list is created, I want to be able to do is to select JUST the Company Name
and then have all the other corresponding company information automatically
referenced and filled into the appropriate boxes on the new worksheet that I
will be creating.

So to simplify...The client name and other information is in one file, I
want to create another worksheet in a different file (which will be an Order
Form) and once I select "Company ABD" from the drop down list that is
linked/getting information from the Client file, it will automatically "grab"
all the other information for "Company ABC" and fill in the other fields as
well, such as phone, fax, e-mail, contact etc.

Is this possible in Excel? I have to believe it is. I've messed around with
the IF formula and it seems that I've gotten close (but in this case all the
client info was on a worksheet within the same workbook)

Can anyone help?

Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See http://www.contextures.com/ProductsListOrder.zip for a solution within

[...]