-   -   Excel 2007 - Edit button image (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/210425-excel-2007-edit-button-image.html)

Mike[_14_]

Excel 2007 - Edit button image

Hi - In earlier versions of Excel (2003) you could edit a button/icon
image or create your own from scratch. Is this still possible in
Excel 2007?

Ron de Bruin

Excel 2007 - Edit button image

Not easy but possible

See this for the QAT
http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm

If you create buttons on the ribbon you can use your own images
http://www.rondebruin.nl/getimage.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

On Nov 15, 8:24*am, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Not easy but possible

See this for the QAThttp://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm

If you create buttons on the ribbon you can use your own imageshttp://www..rondebruin.nl/getimage.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Mike" wrote in ...
Hi - In earlier versions of Excel (2003) you could edit a button/icon
image or create your own from scratch. *Is this still possible in
Excel 2007?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Ron

Could you provide a bit of background info on the custom UI editor?
What exactly does it do? I'm not much of a programmer so I'm a little
hesitant about downloading stuff like that without knowing more about
it.

Thanks.

Ron de Bruin

Excel 2007 - Edit button image

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

Excel 2007 files are really Zip files.

Change for example the extension of test.xlsm to zip and open the file in your zip program.
You see a few folders an files now in this zip.
When you want to change the Ribbon you must add/change files in this zip.
This is not so easy.

The UI editor make it very easy to copy the RibbonX in the correct folder/file.
The program is written by a MS developer and you can find links to it also in MS articles.

For example you see it here

You can trust it

--

"Mike" wrote in message ...
[...]

Thanks - That's what I needed to hear. :-)