-   -   can you use multiple bin arrays in a frequency formula? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/210398-can-you-use-multiple-bin-arrays-frequency-formula.html)

hope71

can you use multiple bin arrays in a frequency formula?

I am trying to get a frequency of a range with a corresponding text
discriptor in another column with my data set? Any ideas would be apreciated

T. Valko[_2_]

can you use multiple bin arrays in a frequency formula?

You'll need to provide more info. Maybe a small sample.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"hope71" wrote:

I am trying to get a frequency of a range with a corresponding text
discriptor in another column with my data set? Any ideas would be apreciated

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

can you use multiple bin arrays in a frequency formula?

Hi,

Please explain what you mean by multiple bin arrays? and by frequency of a
range?

Why don't you show us a sample data layout and show us what you would expect
to get out of that data.

You can do frequencies with -
1. the FREQUENCY function
2. the COUNTIF function
3. the COUNTIFS function
4. the Historgram tool in the Analysis ToolPak
5. a myrid of SUMPRODUCT functions...

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire