-   -   How do I Reference another cell's content including its format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/210395-how-do-i-reference-another-cells-content-including-its-format.html)

Brian D

How do I Reference another cell's content including its format

Im trying to reference a cell's content including it's format in a different
cell. I cannot seem to figure out how to reference a cell format or its
color. Example: I have a cell with a number and the cell is yellow. I
refernce this cell on another sheet within the workbook and I can see the
number but the cell is white not yellow.

Sheeloo[_3_]

How do I Reference another cell's content including its format

When you reference another cell through a formula formatting does not pass
through

So if B1 contains 10 and is yellow then A1 having
=B1 formula will get 10 but not the formatting.

"Brian D" wrote:

Im trying to reference a cell's content including it's format in a different
cell. I cannot seem to figure out how to reference a cell format or its
color. Example: I have a cell with a number and the cell is yellow. I
refernce this cell on another sheet within the workbook and I can see the
number but the cell is white not yellow.

Gord Dibben

How do I Reference another cell's content including its format

If the source cell is formatted yellow due to Conditional Formatting, you
could use the same CF on the target cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP