-   -   I want my formulas to update when I sort the data, but they dont? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/210361-i-want-my-formulas-update-when-i-sort-data-but-they-dont.html)

Jesse

I want my formulas to update when I sort the data, but they dont?

My problem is that I have huge list of data, and I create formulas to figure
averages, etc. Then, I want to sort the data and have my averages update
based on only what is shown by my sort. Can I do this

Spiky

On Nov 14, 12:12*pm, Jesse wrote:
My problem is that I have huge list of data, and I create formulas to figure
averages, etc. Then, I want to sort the data and have my averages update
based on only what is shown by my sort. Can I do this

Sort doesn't change what is shown, just the order, so your calcs
shouldn't change. Do you mean you are filtering? Or should be
filtering? Use the SUBTOTAL function to show calculations for only the
visible (filtered) items. Read up on it in Help for how to use it for
sum, average, count, etc.