-   -   Referencing an active cell's content from another sheet. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/210063-referencing-active-cells-content-another-sheet.html)

Emon

Referencing an active cell's content from another sheet.

I need help. I'd like to be able to manually scroll down column A of
worksheet 2 and populate cells on Sheet 1 accordingly. How can this be
accomplished? Please help.

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Referencing an active cell's content from another sheet.

Hi,

Please be a little more specific. What do you want to see where and when?
If you are scrolling with the scrollbar, then if you want to see in cell A3
of sheet2 the contents of cell R199 of sheet1 you will need a formula in A3
which refers to R199.

As you scroll with a scrollbar Excel does not take any active action so all
you will see is what is already in the cells via formulas.

???
Shane Devenshire

"emon" wrote:

I need help. I'd like to be able to manually scroll down column A of
worksheet 2 and populate cells on Sheet 1 accordingly. How can this be
accomplished? Please help.

Emon

Referencing an active cell's content from another sheet.

Shane,

Thanks for the quick response. I have a worksheet titled MainForm which
require cells A5, E5, H5, and E7 to automatically populate with data from a
2nd worksheet tiltled Pretrial. This sheet consist of 11 data rows. I'd like
to the content in these cells (First Name, Last Name, Date, etc.) to show on
MainForm automatically as the curser rests on the row of the Pretrial
worksheet. I know this is possible because I've seen it done. Your help is
greatly appreciated.