-   -   Countif with criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/210061-countif-criteria.html)

NM

Countif with criteria

Hi, I have column B which can have a,0,1,sh as its input. I have another
column c which can have I,X,D,M as its input. I want to count all the "I" in
column c only if Column B=1.

I do not want to count the "I" in column c if column B has 0,1 or sh.

Thanks for you help.

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

Countif with criteria

Please do not multipost, you have already received multiple answers to your
first post

Peo Sjoblom

"NM" wrote in message
Hi, I have column B which can have a,0,1,sh as its input. I have another
column c which can have I,X,D,M as its input. I want to count all the "I"
in
column c only if Column B=1.

I do not want to count the "I" in column c if column B has 0,1 or sh.

Thanks for you help.

Pete_UK

Countif with criteria

See your other post for several replies.

You last statement seems to contradict what you ask for in the first
paragraph.

Pete

On Nov 12, 4:45*pm, NM wrote:
Hi, I have column B which can have a,0,1,sh as its input. I have another
column c which can have I,X,D,M as its input. I want to count all the "I" in
column c only if Column B=1.

I do not want to count the "I" in column c if column B has 0,1 or sh.

Thanks for you help.

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Countif with criteria

Hi,

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B:B=1),--(C:C="I"))

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"NM" wrote:

Hi, I have column B which can have a,0,1,sh as its input. I have another
column c which can have I,X,D,M as its input. I want to count all the "I" in
column c only if Column B=1.

I do not want to count the "I" in column c if column B has 0,1 or sh.

Thanks for you help.

Pete_UK

Countif with criteria

Shane,

you can only do this with XL2007 - for earlier versions you can't have
full-column references with SP.

Pete

On Nov 12, 5:25*pm, Shane Devenshire
wrote:
Hi,

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B:B=1),--(C:C="I"))

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"NM" wrote:
Hi, I have column B which can have a,0,1,sh as its input. I have another
column c which can have I,X,D,M as its input. I want to count all the "I" in
column c only if Column B=1.

I do not want to count the "I" in column c if column B has 0,1 or sh.

Thanks for you help.- Hide quoted text -

NM

Countif with criteria

Hi,

I did not see my first message posted ofr a long time , so I thought that
the message did not got posted. Hence I reposted it.
I apologise fo r the inconvenience.

Thanks!

"NM" wrote in message
Hi, I have column B which can have a,0,1,sh as its input. I have another
column c which can have I,X,D,M as its input. I want to count all the "I"
in
column c only if Column B=1.

I do not want to count the "I" in column c if column B has 0,1 or sh.

Thanks for you help.

NM

Countif with criteria

I'm sorry the last statement is a typo!It should read I do not want to count
the "I" in column c if column B has 0 or sh.

Thanks!

On Nov 12, 4:45 pm, NM wrote:
Hi, I have column B which can have a,0,1,sh as its input. I have another
column c which can have I,X,D,M as its input. I want to count all the "I" in
column c only if Column B=1.

I do not want to count the "I" in column c if column B has 0,1 or sh.

Thanks for you help.

NM

Countif with criteria

Hi,

I am getting a #value error!

Can you please help me.
Thanks!

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B:B=1),--(C:C="I"))

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"NM" wrote:

Hi, I have column B which can have a,0,1,sh as its input. I have another
column c which can have I,X,D,M as its input. I want to count all the "I" in
column c only if Column B=1.

I do not want to count the "I" in column c if column B has 0,1 or sh.

Thanks for you help.

NM

Countif with criteria

I could fix the #value Error but the formula is giving me wrong answer!

"NM" wrote:

Hi,

I am getting a #value error!

Can you please help me.
Thanks!

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B:B=1),--(C:C="I"))

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"NM" wrote:

Hi, I have column B which can have a,0,1,sh as its input. I have another
column c which can have I,X,D,M as its input. I want to count all the "I" in
column c only if Column B=1.

I do not want to count the "I" in column c if column B has 0,1 or sh.

Thanks for you help.

NM

Countif with criteria

Hi,

I still cannot see where is my first post and the answers to it! I am still
looking for an answer to my question.
How can I locate my first post? search doesn't help me.

Thanks!

"NM" wrote in message
Hi, I have column B which can have a,0,1,sh as its input. I have another
column c which can have I,X,D,M as its input. I want to count all the "I"
in
column c only if Column B=1.

I do not want to count the "I" in column c if column B has 0,1 or sh.

Thanks for you help.

Pete_UK

Countif with criteria

Here's a link to your other post:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c72a17df3410aa

Hope this helps.

Pete

"NM" wrote in message
Hi, I have column B which can have a,0,1,sh as its input. I have another
column c which can have I,X,D,M as its input. I want to count all the "I"
in
column c only if Column B=1.

I do not want to count the "I" in column c if column B has 0,1 or sh.

Thanks for you help.- Hide quoted text -

Ashish Mathur[_2_]

Countif with criteria

Hi,

=sumoroduct((rangeB=1)*(rangeC="I"))

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"NM" wrote in message
I could fix the #value Error but the formula is giving me wrong answer!

"NM" wrote:

Hi,

I am getting a #value error!

Can you please help me.