-   -   Conditional format entire row from one cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/210060-conditional-format-entire-row-one-cell.html)

Shanie

Conditional format entire row from one cell

I see examples for this where the cell is a numerical value, but I need to do
this where the cell is a person's name. I have 2007 and I went to CF - new
rule- use formula to determine which cells to format. My name is in column
B2 so I put =$B2=NAME and I get an error of "you may not use unions,
intersections, or array constants for CF critera". What is the correct
formula I need to use for this?

Pete_UK

Conditional format entire row from one cell

Put your name within quotes, like this:

=$B2="name"

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 12, 4:40*pm, Shanie wrote:
I see examples for this where the cell is a numerical value, but I need to do
this where the cell is a person's name. *I have 2007 and I went to CF - new
rule- use formula to determine which cells to format. *My name is in column
B2 so I put =$B2=NAME and I get an error of "you may not use unions,
intersections, or array constants for CF critera". *What is the correct
formula I need to use for this?

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Conditional format entire row from one cell

Hi,

1. Highlight all the cells on the rows you want formatted, here I assume the
range A2:D100, with row 1 containing titles.

2. Choose Home, Conditional Formatting, New Rule
3. Choose Use a formula to determine which cell to format
4. In the Format values where this formula is true enter the following formula
=$B2="name"
5. Click the Format button and choose a format.
6. Click OK twice

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire