-   -   vlook up two column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/209705-vlook-up-two-column.html)

hong

vlook up two column

Hello!

I have a set of data, Part# is 1001, 1002,....
Destionation is different
A(Part#) B(Destination) Date1 Date2 Date3...............
1001 Canada 100 105 110.....
1001 USA 50 60 70

Because the same part# have different destination, and the the same
destination has different part#. (This is a big excel sheet, and I get it
everyday with different Qty in different order)

I have another excel sheet to get the number in the same format as above,
but I am trying to use vlook up to look up two condition, for example, look
up part#: A and also look up Destination: Canada , so I can get the QTY for
date1 and so on.
I don't need to lookup the date, because the date are always in sequence.

Please help me on the formula!
Thank you!

ShaneDevenshire

vlook up two column

Hi,

You can use something like this

=SUMPRODUCT(--(1001=$A$1:$A$1100),--("Canada"=$B$1:$B$1100),C1:C1100)

you can change the 1001 and Canada to cell references if you want. You
could modify it to handle a variable date.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Hong" wrote:

[...]

Thank you so much, it works great!
But would you explain to me why need to use "--",
it doesn't work without "--"

Thank you!

"Hong" wrote:

Hello!

I have a set of data, Part# is 1001, 1002,....
Destionation is different
A(Part#) B(Destination) Date1 Date2 Date3...............
1001 Canada 100 105 110.....
1001 USA 50 60 70

Because the same part# have different destination, and the the same
destination has different part#. (This is a big excel sheet, and I get it
everyday with different Qty in different order)

I have another excel sheet to get the number in the same format as above,
but I am trying to use vlook up to look up two condition, for example, look
up part#: A and also look up Destination: Canada , so I can get the QTY for
date1 and so on.
I don't need to lookup the date, because the date are always in sequence.

Please help me on the formula!
Thank you!

David Biddulph[_2_]

vlook up two column

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/doubleneg.html
http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html
--
David Biddulph

"Hong" wrote:

[...]

Is that possible I use VB to get the data?
For example, create a command button with programming to get the data,
rather than set all the cells with formula?

I am trying to learn the VB in excel.

Thank you!