-   -   excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/209613-excel-2003-a.html)

Wayne

excel 2003

I want to move older files (excel) to a disc and when I hit save and to where
D drive on a disc it say file says read only and won't let me save it. What
can I do to enable me to save the file?

Wayne

Mike H

excel 2003

What you do is check your other post and stop multiple posts of the same
question. It's irritating for those who give their time freely answering
questions only to find the question already answered in another group.

"Wayne" wrote:

I want to move older files (excel) to a disc and when I hit save and to where
D drive on a disc it say file says read only and won't let me save it. What
can I do to enable me to save the file?

Wayne

Pete_UK

excel 2003

Excel can't write directly to a CD-Rom. Use Windows Explorer to copy
files to the CD Rom folder and then burn them to CD.

Hope this helps.

Pete