-   -   Format numerical value to Million (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/209596-format-numerical-value-million.html)

Orchid

Format numerical value to Million

Hi,
I try to format a numerical value in Million. But I don't want to use
the number to divide by 1,000,000. Is there any way which I can just
use a format function? (i.e.: 12,666,678 ---- 12,7)
Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

David Biddulph[_2_]

Format numerical value to Million

#,, will make it 13
--
David Biddulph

"Orchid" wrote in message
I try to format a numerical value in Million. But I don't want to use
the number to divide by 1,000,000. Is there any way which I can just
use a format function? (i.e.: 12,666,678 ---- 12,7)
Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Ron Rosenfeld

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 00:05:40 -0800 (PST), Orchid wrote:

Hi,
I try to format a numerical value in Million. But I don't want to use
the number to divide by 1,000,000. Is there any way which I can just
use a format function? (i.e.: 12,666,678 ---- 12,7)
Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

You can't get quite what you've written, but you can get 12.7 (where "." is
the decimal symbol) using the format:

#0.0,,

If you want to add and M to the end, then use:

#0.0,,\M

--ron

Thanks so much for your help!! It works perfect as I want.

Ron Rosenfeld

#0.0,,

If you want to add and M to the end, then use:

#0.0,,\M

--ron

Thanks so much for your help!! It works perfect as I want.

You're welcome. Glad to help. Thanks for the feedback.
--ron

Shane Devenshire

Format numerical value to Million

Hi,

Actually, you can get just what you want -

#","#,,\M

Cheers,
Shane

"Orchid" wrote in message
I try to format a numerical value in Million. But I don't want to use
the number to divide by 1,000,000. Is there any way which I can just
use a format function? (i.e.: 12,666,678 ---- 12,7)
Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Ron Rosenfeld

Format numerical value to Million

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 18:11:59 -0800, "Shane Devenshire"
wrote:

Hi,

Actually, you can get just what you want -

#","#,,\M

Cheers,
Shane

Hmmm. When I try that on 1,234,567 I get ,1M and not 1,2M

--ron