-   -   Conditional Format Q (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/209561-conditional-format-q.html)

Seanie

Conditional Format Q

I have the following in a conditional formatting statement and it
doesn't perform as I expect. Within "Formula is" I have :-

="a16=""The Equivalent Days under worked by not working a 39hr Week
="""

The value returned in A16 (which is formula dervied) is "The
Equivalent Days under worked by not working a 39hr Week =" - NB
without the quotes.

What am I doing wrong?

Mike H

Conditional Format Q

Hi,

If you want to display the quotes you need 3 either end

=A16="""The Equivalent Days under worked by not working a 39hr Week="""

Mike

"Seanie" wrote:

I have the following in a conditional formatting statement and it
doesn't perform as I expect. Within "Formula is" I have :-

="a16=""The Equivalent Days under worked by not working a 39hr Week
="""

The value returned in A16 (which is formula dervied) is "The
Equivalent Days under worked by not working a 39hr Week =" - NB
without the quotes.

What am I doing wrong?

Rick Rothstein

Conditional Format Q

Since the text in A16 doesn't have quote marks in it, wouldn't the
conditional statement just be this?

=A16="The Equivalent Days under worked by not working a 39hr Week ="

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Seanie" wrote in message
I have the following in a conditional formatting statement and it
doesn't perform as I expect. Within "Formula is" I have :-

="a16=""The Equivalent Days under worked by not working a 39hr Week
="""

The value returned in A16 (which is formula dervied) is "The
Equivalent Days under worked by not working a 39hr Week =" - NB
without the quotes.

What am I doing wrong?

Seanie

Conditional Format Q

Thanks Rick, I tried almost everthing except your last post and
couldn't tweak it to get it to work